Monday, October 8, 2012

Sienna June Rice

Sienna June Rice joined our family August 16th on our 5 year anniversary! She was due on the 26th, we had a c-section scheduled for the 20th, so we were happily surprised when she decided to make her grand entrance even a little earlier than planned. 

I had been feeling contractions for a few days, they weren't getting worse, but not necessarily going away either. I just figured it was false labor. The night of the 15th I was working on her crib sheet in the hopes of getting her nursery put together before her big arrival when the contractions got bad enough that I couldn't stand to sew. I decided to go to bed in hopes that laying down would calm them down. I had only slept for an hour when I woke up to a hard cramp, my body was shaking, my teeth were chattering. It was very weird, but the contractions were feeling slightly better if anything. After pacing around, drinking water, and trying to calm my body down we decided to call my doctor. He said that he couldn't say what was happening as the teeth chattering and body shakes weren't normal labor symptoms, but wanted me to go get checked at labor and delivery to make sure everything was okay. We don't have family in the area (Grandma and Grandpa were flying in 3 days later in hopes of being there to help out for our scheduled c-section),  and as we are fairly new to the area, we would feel bad waking up new friends in the middle of the night to watch our boys because I could "possibly be in labor". So, we loaded our boys in the car (this is 3am by the way), Caden was pleasant, Branson was mad and kept yelling "I want to be in my beeeed!!!". ha I went into labor and delivery while Mitch drove the sleeping boys around in the car and waited to hear what they said. After they monitored me for an hour or so they confirmed I was in labor, they said the OB would be there shortly and I'd be having a c-section in about half an hour. I quickly called Mitch and told him to call and wake up our friends to see if we could drop the boys off. Luckily, they answered the phone and were willing to have our boys crash at their place at 4 am. We owe them big time! Mitch dropped the boys off and made it back to the hospital just in time as they were prepping me for my c-section. Everything went well and we were quickly holding our beautiful baby girl!

She was born at 4:46am, weighing 7 lbs 13 oz, and measuring 20 1/4 inches long.

She has been such a sweet baby and has quickly won us all over.










3 comments:

Renae said...

I love reading birth stories. And I'm so glad you have a girl to go with your two boys. She is adorable! Congratulations!

Jess~ca said...

What a beautiful baby girl and a GREAT name!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Megan Parkes said...

She is SOO precious. I wish I could snuggle her. I hope we get to see you guys soon!